Games, drumming, juggling, home improvements, cooking, comics, dogs, macs, music, etc.


Squall - probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse skval: useless chatter (Merriam-Webster)
It's my goal to have the LONGEST blog pages around. Kind of.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Poor Grendel..


Our 2nd oldest dog, Grendel - a Cairn Terrier, recently (Tuesday!) had an abscess on his head. His abscess is healing, but he's sitting in my office looking pitiful, so I thought I'd share. Last year, he had a skin condition that was causing his face to scab up and fall away, and he was left with little to no fur, and raw skin all over his face. We had blood tests done, and they gave him 3 weeks to a month to live, due to liver issues. Well, we cleared all that up by changing foods. Candy is now cooking doggie stew for all our dogs, and all are doing well on the home cooked food. And Grendel? He's 11 months overdue from his 'death date'. We still call him Eeyore, tho.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Grendel! Old bugger probably eats better than I do. :o)

    Go check out this blog: http://www.hamzy.info/blog/ I'm sure you'll understand what he's talking about ... I sure don't. Heh. Tell Candy hi for me.

    ReplyDelete

Squall for yourself!