Games, drumming, juggling, home improvements, cooking, comics, dogs, macs, music, etc.


Squall - probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse skval: useless chatter (Merriam-Webster)
It's my goal to have the LONGEST blog pages around. Kind of.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Juggling intro

I am posting about my various hobbies, and basically starting threads of my interests so that folks can see my various threads, and decide what they want to read about.. So, this post is about juggling.

Juggling is a great way for me to get up and stand - since I sit at a computer all day. and it's nice to have a hobby that is not sitting. I'll make this post short and sweet (in comparison to my previous diatribes).

What I can do:
2 in one hand, parallel and circles.

3 balls, and about a dozen or so tricks including:
Tennis, the Machine (still working on left side, tho), reverse cascade, under the leg, etc.

3 in one hand - tho 6 throws and catches is my best, currently.

4 balls, basically just synchronous and asynchronous, non-crossing (2 in each hand).

5 Balls, well, I can barely do it. 9 throws & catches is my current best.

3 scarves. Just cuz I can say it.

3 clubs. No real good tricks, but I am passing fairly well with others.

The COOLEST site for learning new tricks:
http://jugglewiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

I am working on 3 club tricks (behind the back, under the leg, overhead, etc.) and 5 balls primarily. With 3 in one hand being my next goal.

Oh, and I am proud to say that I sewed my own juggling bags (balls). I used a faux suede and filled 'em with millet. I also weighed each one so they all weigh the same. I am very pleased with how they came out. Check 'em out, all purpley 'n greeen.

And two sizes, small ones are a simple 6 panel design, about 2" in diameter and weigh 70g. The larger ones are a 12 panel design, about 2.5" in diameter and weigh 130g.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squall for yourself!